But, last Friday, while
I have been a steady reader of Nicky's blog for a few months and to sum it up she is pretty awesome!!! No lie. Besides being a blogger, Nicky is a Special Education Teacher, a wife, a mother and one amazing DIYer. Check out her most recent DIY project where she made this awesome beverage cart:
|Read all about this transformation here!|
If that doesn't make you want to jump over to her blog right away, then a sneak peak at her pantry transformation will.
|This is the before, to check out her after click here!|
I am extremely thankful that Nicky thought of me but I feel so unworthy! Hopefully, I can do some awesome projects to live up to the award :) And just so you know, I thought Nicky was awesome way before she nominated me for this award!!
There are a few rules to the reward:
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you.
2. Include a link to there site.
3. Include the Versatile Blogger Award image in your post.
4. Give 7 random facts about yourself.
5. Nominate 15 other bloggers for this award.
6. When nominating, include a link to their site.
7. Let the other bloggers know you nominated them!
Now, I can tell you a little about myself! Here are my 7 random facts:
1. I have one brother, named J.T., who lives in Virginia. He is older than me and the sweetest guy I know. I love him to death and even though he picked on me like crazy growing up, he would hurt anyone that messed me with.
2. Between my husbands siblings and my one brother, I am an Aunt to 13 nieces and nephews. They range in age from 12 days old up to 22 years old.
3. I am a Police Officer in the State of Indiana. I do not do street patrol, I investigate white collar crime. My best example for people when they have the confused look on their face is simple, I lock up people like Bernie Madoff. It's a very rewarding job but its heartbreaking all the same when you think of all the victims who are financially hurting because of these criminals.
4. I would love to travel to Alaska and Canada at some point in my life.
5. I was the biggest tom boy growing up, I played football and basketball on school teams. I was proudly the first girl to play for my school district in football. Pretty bad-ass if I say so myself. Yup. Sometimes I still blame my tom boy side for my lack of fashion sense.
6. I've always wanted to be a math teacher. But, after graduating high school I decided to work full time for a year to think about what I wanted to do about college. Then I got married. Then we moved a million times. Eventually, it seemed easier to get a degree in accounting (since I was working for large credit unions) and an education degree went on the back burner. Sometimes, I think about going back to school to get enough education credits to teach in Indiana. But, secretly, I am extremely scared to change my career now. Typing that out seems crazy since I'm only 28 - it's never to late to start a new career...is it?
7. I love to bake. My husband literally has no sweet tooth. This makes baking hard since I can't eat it all by myself and refuse to throw delicious food away. But, I am forever in charge of the desserts at any family function.
Now, I get to pass it forward. Below is a list of some other fabulous bloggers I love to check out. Make sure you visit them like now....what are you waiting for? :)
Again, a super awesome thanks to Nicky at Meaningful Nest for nominating me. I hope everyone has a chance to hope over to all the blogs I listed and check out what amazing things these ladies are doing!